Reverse Engineering Team
Unregistered, You must accept the Forum Rules below to be able to use some forum functions.

Read forum rules below...

1. All posts must be written in English.
2. Don't spam/abuse any other member via E-mail or Private Messages.
3. Have phun!

For breaking above rules you may be warned/banned appropriately!

Removing Sentinel SHK dongle from Application

Go down

Removing Sentinel SHK dongle from Application

Post by phroyt on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:34 am

I have sucessfully understand this board rule. I am sorry.

Last edited by BfoX on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:31 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Not need post info for the resellers please. I correrct your post today as you ask...)

phroyt

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing Sentinel SHK dongle from Application

Post by ovis25 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:05 am

1. method of patch is used mostly where no protector like VMProtect Ultimate / Enigma Protector / Winlicense / Themida etc. SDK functions used.
2. SHK dongle need Software Key as dump parameter, maybe QA also needed for emulation.
3. new dongles use Smart Card Chip functions like apponchip that makes reversing close to impossible.
4. also new use envelopes and encrypt part of target so only with correct dongle can decrypt, that means your method is from 2006 as presented there, if developers use proper protection using provided SDK dongle functions is very hard do.
5. your method is fair, because not need involve other people, risks with dongle, exploits vulnerabilities of that dongle etc.

Code:
software publishers can independently encrypt and decrypt data using symmetric or asymmetric algorithms like AES (Advanced Encryption Standard), RSA (Rivest-Shamir-Adleman), and ECC (Elliptic Curve Cryptography) and sign data or verify the signature

see here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ovis25

Back to top Go down

Post by rcit on Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:59 am

Sentinel RMS codecover envelope needs only vendor string, feature id and some seed. Here is it to test - v5.11:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] com /v/wopaEfes/file.html

rcit

Back to top Go down

Post by phroyt on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:40 pm

ovis25 wrote:1. method of patch is used mostly where no protector like VMProtect Ultimate / Enigma Protector / Winlicense / Themida etc. SDK functions used.
2. SHK dongle need Software Key as dump parameter, maybe QA also needed for emulation.
3. new dongles use Smart Card Chip functions like apponchip that makes reversing close to impossible.
4. also new use envelopes and encrypt part of target so only with correct dongle can decrypt, that means your method is from 2006 as presented there, if developers use proper protection using provided SDK dongle functions is very hard do.
5. your method is fair, because not need involve other people, risks with dongle, exploits vulnerabilities of that dongle etc.

1. All this protectors have flaws, you can easy defeat using right estrategy.
    Only custom method from very new and unkown packer would be dificult.
    My target was enveloped (SHELLED) by Sentinel RMS CodeCover.

2.I found 2 software keys in the program.
   The 1st is embed in CodeCover call and the second is used by developer.

3. I never meet that one, but seems like how Certificate Tokens work.
    Not my case at this time.

4. The enveloped app need to talk with Dongle using Windows API.
    The information can always be intercepted and played back.
    This seems that, apart of some inovations, the game is the same since 2006 or even more old.

5. Yes, very fair.
    In this case the risk, rely on the License be revoked if someone leech the Target Program and spread it.
    So I placed a security measure, allowing only right computer to run the solution.
    New computer, need to talk to me to reassemble or the real owner with the password.

PS.: My post has been deleted.

phroyt

Back to top Go down

Post by phroyt on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:56 pm

rcit wrote:Sentinel RMS codecover envelope needs only vendor string, feature id and some seed. Here is it to test - v5.11:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] com /v/wopaEfes/file.html

Yes and No.

The runtime code is already decoded when Sentinel RMS check the key.
What is done is only ask for the a TOKEN, GET a Feature and Check 2 times form Query/Answer.
You can fool the code by dumbing the test, because it only check the result TRUE or FALSE.
Another checks are done, like STACK POSITION and TIME TAMPERING.

Nothing advanced like, decoding the runtime based on KEY response.
It's impossible at this time. 

The RMS in this case is a static after DECODE.
It's not encrypted.
And the version was v1.3.1, the last toolkit version.

phroyt

Back to top Go down

Post by ovis25 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:13 am

it is better you agree what admin told you in fist post, you will end all your post deleted, just a friendly advice and no need help in public anyone they not deserve it, most of them.

ovis25

Back to top Go down

Post by BfoX on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:35 am

the sentinel SLM/RMS not have any global changes up to 9.1.x version. on 9.2.x way the developer have some games with the long rsa to sign/verif the licenses

BfoX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down